Plumbing Service Technician
Location: Serves Central Indiana, Dispatched from Indianapolis Office
Classification: Full Time, In-Person
Schedule: Monday-Friday with On-Call Rotation
We are seeking an experienced Plumbing Service Technician with exceptional diagnostic and problem-solving skills. In this role, you will install plumbing systems and ensure that these systems are functioning safely and effectively. This includes replacing parts and adjusting system controls for better performance by using special tools and diagnostic equipment.
The ideal candidate would describe him/herself as a fast learner who is customer-focused, self-motivated, detail-oriented, conscientious, resourceful, and trustworthy. Hired applicants will be expected to complete membership to UA Local 440.
- Provides preventive maintenance on existing plumbing/piping equipment, and controls.
- Troubleshoots units that are not working and replaces parts that are defective.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Installs and repairs water, gas, air and drain piping.
- Installs and repairs water heaters, domestic hot water boilers, circulating pumps, back flow preventers, and thermostatic mixing valves.
- Drain cleaning & Jetting
- Assembles and installs valves, pipe fittings, and pipes composed of cast iron, steel, brass, PVC and copper.
- Joins pipes by use of fittings, solder, plastic solvent, and mechanical joints.
- Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures and carriers.
- Installs and repairs sinks, toilets, bathtubs, water heaters, and hot water storage tanks.
- Build strong customer relationships and build knowledge and understanding of new and existing customer needs/expectations.
- Complete ongoing industry training as needed.
- Provide top notch customer service and value for all customers.
- Submit daily required documentation of service calls/repairs to dispatch coordinator.
- Communicate job statuses & needs to dispatch coordinator, service project manager and/or service operations manager daily.
- 3-5 years of Plumbing technician experience specifically in industrial and/or healthcare
- Valid Plumbing License
- Valid Backflow Testing/Repair Certification
- Trade school education is preferred
- Knowledge of the theory, methods, practices, tools and equipment of the trade
- Knowledge of basic electricity and control systems
- Ability to read, understand and work from blueprints, specifications, and schematics.
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, lift, and move heavy objects as required of this position.