Position: Project Manager/Estimator
Location: Office in Kokomo, Indiana; position serves Central Indiana
Classification: Full Time, Monday-Friday, In-Person
We are seeking a Project Manager/Estimator who has 3-5 years of experience managing heavy industrial & healthcare construction projects. The purpose of this position is to perform all pre-construction, estimation, and project management duties independently
for assigned projects.
The ideal candidate would describe him/herself as a fast learner who is customer-focused, self-motivated, detail-oriented, conscientious, resourceful, and trustworthy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or similar
- 3-5 years construction management/estimating experience
- Working knowledge & proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Accountable for the financial success of assigned projects. Creates monthly customer pay applications. Receives and evaluates proposals to develop a project budget.
- Manages subcontractor and vendor pricing phase including schedule, distribution of documents, issuance of addenda, and receipt of pricing.
- Responsible for communication and coordination between clients, architects, engineers, utilities, and municipalities during the construction process.
- Reviews preliminary architectural and engineering drawings. Determines efficiencies and changes that should be made. Ensures changes are incorporated into drawings.
- Identifies and assists in qualifying potential subcontractors and suppliers that can meet project requirements. Negotiates with and secures subcontractors and vendors.
- Completes material and labor take-offs as needed for project estimation.
- Conducts regular site progress meetings with clients to review budgets and recommend value engineering options.
- Develops construction schedule.
- Reviews client documentation requirements for the project and implements as required.
- Collaborates with on-site field staff to ensure the successful progress of the project.
- Assists in resolving issues with subcontractors as needed. Reviews and approves subcontractor invoices and change orders.
- Processes and tracks shop drawings, product data, samples, and other submittals for review and approval by architect and client. Maintains current records of all construction documents.
- Reviews monthly projections for all assigned projects to ensure accurate WIP reporting
- Verifies completion of punch items at the close of the project.