HVAC/R Service Technician
Location: Serves Central Indiana, Dispatched from Indianapolis Office
Classification: Full Time, In-Person
Schedule: Monday-Friday with On-Call Rotation
We are seeking an experienced HVAC/R Service Technician to work with numerous system parts and mechanisms, to maintain, diagnose and correct HVAC system problems. This includes replacing parts and adjusting system controls for better performance by
using special tools and diagnostic equipment. Previous work experience with commercial/industrial RTUs, split systems, hydronics, chillers, boilers, controls, and refrigeration preferred.
The ideal candidate would describe him/herself as a fast learner who is customer-focused, self-motivated, detail-oriented, conscientious, resourceful, and trustworthy. Hired applicants will be expected to complete membership to UA Local 440
- 3-5 years of HVAC technician experience specifically in industrial and/or healthcare
- EPA Type I, II, & III Technician Certified (Universal)
- Trade school education is preferred
- Knowledge of the theory, methods, practices, tools and equipment of the trade
- Knowledge of the operating principles and characteristics of the various types of refrigeration, pneumatic/DDC control, and air conditioning systems
- Knowledge of basic electricity and control systems
- Ability to apply the theory, technique, principles, and processes of the HVAC mechanic's trade
- Ability to read, understand and work from blueprints, specifications, and schematics.
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, lift, and move heavy objects as required of this position.
- Provides preventive maintenance on heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, equipment, and controls.
- Troubleshoots units that are not working and replaces parts that are defective
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Installs refrigeration, air conditioning, heating, pneumatic control, and humidity control systems.
- Understanding and troubleshooting knowledge of the following:
o Rooftop Units
o Air Handling Units
o Air-Cooled Chillers
o Conventional and Condensing Boilers
o Cooling Towers
o VAV Boxes
o Variable Frequency Drives
o Ductless Mini-split Units
o Variable-Refrigerant Flow Systems
o Building Controls
- Build strong customer relationships and build knowledge and understanding of new and existing customer needs/expectations.
- Complete ongoing industry training as needed.
- Provide top notch customer service and value for all customers.
- Submit daily required documentation of service calls/repairs to dispatch coordinator.
- Communicate job statuses & needs to dispatch coordinator, service project manager and/or service operations manager daily.