Location: Central Indiana
Classification: Full Time, In-Person
Schedule: Monday-Friday with Potential of Overtime
We are seeking an experienced Pipe Fitter/Welder; someone who takes pride in their work, who can set up on their own and operate. This position is looking for someone who can install, modify and repair systems, install equipment and follow all OHSA and company safety measures.
The ideal candidate would describe him/herself as a fast learner who is customer-focused, self-motivated, detail-oriented, conscientious, resourceful, and trustworthy. Hired applicants will be expected to complete membership to the UA Local.
• Selects type and size of pipe and related materials and equipment, such as supports and hangers, according to job specifications.
• Enforce jobsite safety to comply with all OSHA regulations and our safety program
• Show competence in rigging and assist in hanging pipe in the field
• Working to a set of precise specifications, candidate will operate tools and machines to grind, mill and shape raw materials into a specified form, then assemble the final product
• Assembles and installs a variety of metal or nonmetal pipes and pipe fittings, using threaded caulked, soldering, brazen, fused, or cemented joints, and hand tools.
• Tests piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
• Weld parts according to work orders, blueprint layouts and verbal instructions Welds pipe supports to structural steel members.
• 3-5 years of pipe fitter/welder experience
• Trade school education is preferred
• Have a working knowledge of the materials and the installation of each found in the mechanical construction industry.
• Knowledge of basic electricity and control systems
• Always attentive to detail and alert to ensure safety